Zophar's Domain Updates

Edman

Administrator
Staff member
I wrote the site's code back in 2008 and since then I haven't updated the code beyond some basic bug fixes, and the end result of all this laziness is that the site's been running on some end-of-life server software for pretty much the last half a decade. It was impossible to update the server software, because it would break the site's code.

So, now I have updated the server software, I updated the site's software so it works with the new server software, replaced the old vBulletin forum with a brand new and shiny Xenforo (that should fix some issues with spam, registration problems and email deliverability), imported all the old posts and replaced the login integration between the site and the new forum.

I want to replace the old layout with the "new" one currently used by the music section. The music section's retro layout has gotten some very positive reviews from members. I also want to make some skin changes to the forum's layout to match the rest of the site, so that's all coming up.

If you notice any bugs that need to be fixed, please post here!

Last edited:
Am I still an admin? Page says permission denied .:unsure:

Which page? Send me a message! All the permissions for everyone will probably have to be redone

Website has been switched to new layout, yay! Now 50% more retro! :cool:

I have also changed the forums skin to somewhat match the new layout best as I could.

More changes coming up in the next few days!

Hi Edman.

I have some problems posting pictures on the "Emulation News" that shows on the main page.
On the forum the picture looks fine, but on the Zophar's Main Page it shows some HTML script like "View attachment 1023"

Regards

Hi
Also some URLs are not showing right on the main page. On the forum they look fine, but on the main page it looks like "- [/URL]"

Regards

Hi

1) It seems that
Code:
[URL]http://www.gameex.com/news/[/URL]
works fine on the main page.

The other one
Code:
[URL='http://github.com/Zibri/VICE/releases']Releases[/URL]
puts the wrong URL on the main page.

2) Images using this way does not work on the main page:
Code:
[ATTACH type="full" width="318px"]1024[/ATTACH]

Regards

Last edited:

There is also this new way to show the URL on the forum (unfurl), I like it on the forum, but sadly it does not work on the main page.

Ex:

Code:
[URL unfurl="true"]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fms.mg[/URL]

I've now gone through the first few news items, and I've fixed a bunch of BBCodes. A few gave me a hard time!

As far as I can see, they are all displaying correctly atm, if you notice any broken ones, post here.

Cleaner look, I like it. Thumbs up from me for what it's worth. :)

Thanks! The huge scope of the site is giving me motivation problems, but I think that's been the case for everyone who's ever managed it.

For my next project, I want to merge all comments on the site with the forums, so you can comment on music/emulators/utilities with forum posts.

Hi Edman.
It is looking good. I will play more with the "news posting" and let you know if I find something.

Regards

Hi

I had posted more news and I'm very happy with the new forum script. Seems to be working fine.

Regards

Hi Edman.

I'm experiencing an issue that I need help to validate.
In Firefox I see the graphics on the main page without issue, but Chrome shows it as broken images.

I think that the issue is that I was logged on Firefox and not the rest of browsers. I guess there is a priviledge limitation that people that are not logged can not see the images on the forum.

Regards

Attachments

• chrome.png
    chrome.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 297
  • Edge.png
    Edge.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 316
  • firefox.png
    firefox.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 287
Hi Edman.

I'm experiencing an issue that I need help to validate.
In Firefox I see the graphics on the main page without issue, but Chrome shows it as broken images.

I think that the issue is that I was logged on Firefox and not the rest of browsers. I guess there is a priviledge limitation that people that are not logged can not see the images on the forum.

Regards
Confirmed. Guest browsing blocks you from viewing attached images both on the forums and on the main page (which is drawn from the forums).

Back
Top Bottom