What games are you playing lately?

The 9th Sage

I was thinking about this, and decided to ask you all what games you've been playing lately. I guess I'll list some stuff (I have way too much right now, have kind of an overload since my PC was messed up for a while and I couldn't play PC games well). Guess I just feel like talking about video games. :p

Lately for me, I've been playing Infinite Space on the DS (it's an RPG/Space Opera...ship battles are realtime, and you end up with a huge crew and up to at least 4 or 5 ships that you can customize quite a lot)

On the Wii I've got Fragile Dreams. Combat can be kind of slow, but if you want a really atmospheric story driven action RPG (one that actually has a damn good story and characters) then you should check it out. Also, I'm doing my best at playing Shiren the Wanderer, which is a rouge-like. I really liked the DS Shiren, and this seems to be more of the same awesomeness.

On the PC, I've got Beat Hazard (this is what Audiosurf would be if it were a shooter...it generates levels from your music) and Aquaria. Aquaria is excellent. It's a beautiful 2D action/adventure game that kind of reminds me of Zelda and Metroid smashed together, in a good way. And also, under the sea (you should check out the demo).

I've also been playing Tidalis, by Arcen Games. It's a really great puzzle game, again, check out the demo of it on their website. That would go a long way to describing it better than I would. There are different colored blocks, each with an arrow. When you click on a block, it sends out a 'stream' (like a spark) in the direction of the arrow. This stream ignores blocks of other colors, but when it hits a block of the same color, it goes in the direction of the arrow on it (it can travel up to 3 spaces without a block of it's color). You can change the arrow direction. If it hits up to at least 3 of it's color, you'll start a chain reaction...after a bit those blocks will disappear. When the block above the one that disappeared falls down the now empty space and hits the bottom, it'll send out a stream itself. This means that once you get good, you can keep on chaining these together and get a high score.

Anyway, it's really fun. :p Enough of me talking, I want to hear what you guys have been playing lately.

Well, right now I'm in the middle of Resident Evil 1 (GC), Dragon Warrior IV (NES) and Megaman Zero (GBA).

I have plans to play Dragon Quest V, and Fire Emblem 4 in the near future, and I will be playing Metroid: Other M as soon as it comes out.

Ashen Empires still when I have time (almost level 109 on my beefy con warrior :D), and I'm currently checking out the FFVI Last Hope: All*Stars patch. The game that's keeping me busiest of all? Finding a better job than the one I have now xD

Well, can't blame you on that one. ;p

Actually Brad, I'm not doing CrApple stuff anymore. I'm working for something far far worse:

Covad.... *shudders* most innefficient crew i've ever worked for. I'd GLADLY go back to CrApple

Well, right now I'm in the middle of Resident Evil 1 (GC), Dragon Warrior IV (NES) and Megaman Zero (GBA).

I have plans to play Dragon Quest V, and Fire Emblem 4 in the near future, and I will be playing Metroid: Other M as soon as it comes out.

Hm, how IS Megaman Zero anyway? It always looked kind of interesting, but I never played it.

Currently? Quake Live and Half Life 2: Episode 2

Hm, you like to play a lot of shooters, don't you? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I personally thought megaman zero was pretty cool. The art style really threw me off at first, but It's a fun remodeling of the franchise while keeping core elements intact, with a refreshing amount of new schemes.

I personally thought megaman zero was pretty cool. The art style really threw me off at first, but It's a fun remodeling of the franchise while keeping core elements intact, with a refreshing amount of new schemes.

I hear some kind of DS collection of the games is going to come out, maybe I should keep an eye out for it.

I have only played Megaman Zero 1 and 4. 1 was a little different from traditional Megaman games (there aren't 8 mavericks on a screen to beat, but rather missions), but 4 has 8 areas each controlled by a maverick.

I Like the series. It takes all of the elements of MMX (which I love), and adds parts for upgrades, special powers from something called a cyber elf (I'm pretty sure I missed somehting on that one), and easy access of both buster and sabre. It is a slightly difficult game, but any MMX veteran will do just fine.

The story is much darker than the X series, and much of the world has been destroyed. 4 in particular has a semi post apocalyptic setting.

SMT: Strange Journey
Trying to Kick Ballos' ass in Cave Story
Uhm... I was doing a Hard mode run of Mega Man 10, but haven't gotten back to it
Oh and I was supposed to finish Kisuke's Story in Muramasa but was interrupted by MM10. Haven't touched a few things, Fragile Dreams included.

I´m riveted by "Prof. Layton and the Curious Village" on DS right now, around Puzzle 60 yet. That´s quite an awesome game. Although it´s a singleplayer game, I play it together with a friend because two brains are better than one for the hard riddles and it´s much more fun than walking alone through St. Mystere (the Curious Village´s name..).
I´ve also tried "Scribblenauts", but the german translation is a pain in the ass - they´ve translated many words like Google translator which often makes no sense at all in german, since these words would never be used - that fact makes it sometimes impossible to summon the right stuff. But you can switch Scribblenauts to English, and in return I´ll have to use a dictionary.

SMT: Strange Journey
Trying to Kick Ballos' ass in Cave Story
Uhm... I was doing a Hard mode run of Mega Man 10, but haven't gotten back to it
Oh and I was supposed to finish Kisuke's Story in Muramasa but was interrupted by MM10. Haven't touched a few things, Fragile Dreams included.

Ah yes, well same for me in Cave Story as well. :) Strange that I didn't think of it the other day.

Playing Lots of Stuff

Currently I'm playing:

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (Wii)
Mega Man 10 (Wii)
Infinite Space (DS)
Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening DX (GBC)
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (GBC)
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Legend of Zelda: Twighlight Princess (Wii)
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Balloon Fight (NES) (I know this is a weird one, but I'm an addict, I have a problem :p)

As you can see I'm on a Zelda kick for some reason. Zelda is probably my favorite franchise though. I think I was 13 or 14 the last time I played through Links Awakening and I'm 29 now, so the game actually feels pretty fresh, I don't have everything memorized like I do with other Zelda games.

Infinite Space is pretty sweet, just started playing that a few nights ago.

As soon as I'm finished playing Modern Warfare I'm going to jump into the Metroid Prime Trilogy set for the Wii. I bought it months ago and it's still sitting their with it's shrink wrap on. Multiplayer Modern Warfare is addicting though...

Back
Top Bottom