puduhead

I just read a thousand of these youtube comments for the Avatar trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRdxXPV9GNQ&fmt=22&annotation_id=annotation_23834&feature=iv

This movie was sad, but beautiful. I really liked it and I think I have never experienced something that emotional from a movie before. When I was watching the Tree of Ages cut down by those bastards me and my friends couldn't stop crying in the cinema...

-

Avatar is not a plagiarism James Cameron really dreamed the story!Those motherfucker soviet dicks with their 30 years old The noon story and Disney with Pocahontas!They just want to get money by suing Avatar that this is a copy of their story!

-

People all over the world - unite each other! Against all destructive forces ....

-

You can tell even only by the advert here the director is insane. Because to come up with something this brilliant you need to have some sort of madness inside you!
5*****

-

Yah AVATAR FTW!!!!
Even through Cameron made both movies, AVATAR ROCKS THE SHIT OUT OF TITANIC!!!!

-

I LOVE THIS MOVIE ... 3 hours of being in another world and forget everything around you!!!! god do i love it !!!!

-

james cameron track record of sequels: The man made T2 that is simply 100x times better than T1.

An Avatar 2 that would be 100x times better than this one.... I would have a heart attack in the theater, it would literally be too much to handle

-

global net worth of over a billion that is why avatar fucking rocks

snaga1.jpg

Dude, Neytiri is hot!! omg

Last edited:
I personally think James Cameron's next movie should be a crossover of Avatar, The Terminator, and Titanic. Make it happen Hollywood!

(really though, I liked Avatar, though ye gods does the 'protect nature' message beat you in the face with a lead pipe at times)

(really though, I liked Avatar, though ye gods does the 'protect nature' message beat you in the face with a lead pipe at times)

Which arguably is the most counter-productive aspect of this film. As it stands, you can translate the generation of dollars in this global economy to a specific environmental impact. With the exception being if your product is environmental health, specifically. Like maybe, revenue generated by consumers of wind power or something like this.

Considering the sheer magnitude of energy expended on millions and millions of people going to this film and the eco-unfriendly merch which is ramping up production (DVDs, etc), I sincerely doubt the feel good message negates the environmental impact. Not to say that anything wrong has been done. Just my cynical/practical view of this film in regards to its message.

I liked it better when James Cameron's message was: don't fuck with robots from the future. I think that's something we can all agree on. :D

I too have an epic vision.

Titanic meet Frasier.

This is only slightly related, but this gave me the awesome image of Kelsey Grammar as The Terminator. o_O Also, Pudu, you're right in a way...I guess you could take the movie in a very ironic way. :p I guess I don't really see that neccesarily, but still, interesting.

on the note of avatar: cool film, I enjoyed it.

on the note of so many media/people who get their opinions from TV accusing this film of not being original and copying other films:

The Lion King is a complete parallel/rip-off of Hamlet. So, can''t we just like what we like, and not worry about 'entertainment news' who has nothing better to 'report', other than "z0mg this is just like that other movie!" Guess what? look at EVERY reality tv show or game franchise lately. Every thing that was even remotely successful has to be pounded into the ground until all "juicy goodness" is gone.

I for one am thankful that this 're-hash' was a great thrill to watch and was very beautifully rendered.
(this post is not aimed at anyone here , just I hear a lot of fuss lately about copying other ideas or movies, and I feel this is inevitable, so let's just enjoy it the best we can hehe)

Since I´ve never watched a movie in 3D, Avatar was awesome. The guys who designed that forest had to take a lot of LSD, intravenously for sure :). Later on, I imagined The Matrix with these technique - that´d be great. Anyway, the story was usual and foreseeable.
Btw, this "Avatar-thing" seems to be up to date now - similar "teleguide other people with some sort of interface" can be found in "Gamer" and "Surrogates"..

I'd be surprised if something made from a producer like this, who can't keep his actors professional if they don't themselves (fear no fireing or sensure) made it work; from what I have seen it seems like blue perverts being tea bagged by giant birds.

I'd be surprised if something made from a producer like this, who can't keep his actors professional if they don't themselves (fear no fireing or sensure) made it work; from what I have seen it seems like blue perverts being tea bagged by giant birds.

What? How could you draw that conclusion?

What? How could you draw that conclusion?

I am familiar with such problems. Haven been stocked by one in 2000 from a Natural Law Party connection (did not like my usenet posts about Buchanan or something. As if to him it lost Hagelin the election and nomination).

Also Bale (he was in the right) goes off at an idiot second uniter walking in front of the Camera because of a lack of professional conduct impressed upon him by the guy who should have showed some leadership.

It's a pattern. Not to mention other messed up crap related to his sets in 2000. He was good about set scouting. But damn.

Grew up in the biz.

Nothing like this ever came from Frankenheimer (bless his soul) or others; well there is some gnome PA wannabe on sets who followed me home and stopped me one day wasting my time as well come to think of it.

My life would have been easier without that gold digging hobbyist being in town.

Best,

Back
Top Bottom