Your favorite TV-Shows

schmocke

Hi folks.
Since summer won´t really approach here in germany I waste my time watching TV-Shows via Internet (I love streaming video). So here are my a) all time- and b) current favorites. Since all seasons end sometimes I count on you, suggesting shows I haven´t seen yet.

a) Six Feet Under, Weeds, 24, Dexter, Sopranos, some Star Trek descendants
b) My Name is Earl, It´s always sunny in Philadelphia, Becker

I´m quite sure I forgot some shows but these are the most important ones.

regards, schmocke :cool:

Big Bang Theory
Southpark
CSI Miami
How I met your mother
Bleach
The Boondocks
That 70's Show
Robot Chicken
Moral Oral
Inuyasha
Big O
Burn Notice
House
Naruto "though it hasn't been on in a while in my area"
NCIS

Can't think of anything else. I have the TV on all the time but only for the background mostly since I find 95% of the shows are just crappy. I do also watch The Weather Channel, and most of the News Channels but only usually in 2 - 5 minutes increments. I also like to jump to CNBC to check out financial news several times a day.

Let's see...what TV shows have I watched lately?

Fringe (it's a GREAT series that reminds me of the good old days of The X-Files, before the show got kind of...eh)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Family Guy
Kamen Rider Decade (fansubs for the win)
Bleach

Probably more, but that's all I'm thinking of at the moment. :)

Oh dear, Southpark, yes! I knew I forgot one. :rolleyes:
House is cool, here it´s called Doctor House. This one I like only german dubbed because of all the medical-terms. I haven´t seen Fringe yet, but collecting the first season these days, so that will be the next one. I also liked the X-Files years ago. Recently I saw some episodes of Pushing Daisies; weird but quite funny.

House is cool, here it´s called Doctor House. This one I like only german dubbed because of all the medical-terms..

Does the German "Herr Doktor Haus" voice actor sound a lot like Hugh Laurie? I'm not a constant House watcher, but I watch occasionally, and for me, the biting tone of Hugh Laurie's voice is a lot of the fun. (Also, I don't think I'd sweat the medical terminology... it's not like the show is that acurate anyway-- for starters, in real life there's no such thing as a jack-of-all-trades diagnostic detective like that.)

Hmm, a bit like Laurie. More raspy, less buzzy. I don't know German, but just judging from the intonation, the attitude does sound sort of similar.

*follows a few more "related video" links*

...Mein Gott, who could forget this scene:

ewwwww. Way to be creepy, House. :scared:

What´s up folks, nobody watching TV-Shows nowadays besides the above ones? - I need to receive some inputs! ;)

Hmm, I haven't really been watching that much new TV lately. The current show I watched most this past year was probably Heroes, though I wasn't very satisfied with the most recent season. I used to watch Lost, but stopped after the beginning of season 3. I also used to watch Smallville, but I haven't followed that for some time either.

Going further back, I used to be an avid watcher of Simpsons (about season 10 and earlier), Family Guy, Buffy, Angel, Stargate, various Star Trek shows, Gargoyles, Batman the Animated Series, and a bunch of others I'm sure I'm forgetting. I like Firefly, but I was introduced to it after it was already cancelled. I've also watched a lot of anime, though not a lot recently. (I will be attending Otakon, however, later this week-- anybody else doing so?)

Last edited:
Ahh, nice one (Dr. House Die Sau = House the pig) :)

btt: I´ve seen Heroes, I think there were two seasons broadcasted here so far. Quite good, but the second season abated a bit.
I´m not in these Anime-shows, rather if it comes to full-length movies (Shihiro, Ghost in the Shell, Vampire Hunter D...).
My brother advised me to begin with Lost, in his opinion the best show ever. I´ll give it a try.

Ah, so you like movies then? Does that extend to OVA series (a lot of them tend to continue directly off of each other)? I'd recommend stuff (there're both OVA and movies listed in here) like Armitage the Third, Rayearth (the much darker OVA based on the Magic Knights Rayearth TV series), Record of Lodoss War, Castle in the Sky, Spirited Away, Iria: Zeiram the Animation, and Gunsmith Cats.

Also, you say you don't like TV series, but I'd also want to recommend The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, as well as Slayers (Slayers is great...it's like Dungeons and Dragons and other fantasy series turned on it's head).

Meet The Press, NCIS, The Big Bang Theory, The Mentalist and my current favorite, Smallville.

Family Guy
Futurama
Weeds
That 70's Show
Life
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
Burn Notice
Bleach
Naruto
Full Metal Alchemist
My Name is Earl
American Dad
Robot Chicken
Drawn Together
Cowboy Bebop
South Park
Royal Pains
The Boondocks

This list can go on forever, but I'll stop here...

Gundam wing, Stargate sg1, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Friends, Big Bang Theory, Reboot, Beast Wars/Beasties, Shadow Raiders, Get Smart, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Chapelle's Show, Trailer Park Boys, The Price is right (With bob).

I think that's it...

EDIT: House, duh.

EDIT EDIT: Speaking of duh, Stickin' around.

Alright, alright, thank you all for contribution. There seems to be a lot of interesting content out there. Nice!

Alright, just finished the 18th episode of Fringe. The show is great, kinda weird and I like it (cant´t wait to see the last two episodes). And I recommend, once again, that everyone have to watch Weeds! Currently it´s the best "Dramedy" show. So, if you like fantastic storytelling combined with great character-development and are not affected by (sometimes) crude humour, Weeds is your show.

Back
Top Bottom