MIDI conversion?

Rattlehead

Hey, everyone. Long time no see. Anyway, on to my question.

Does anyone know of a free conversion utility to export MIDI songs to, say...MP3? I would like to edit a song with Audacity, but the "MIDI importing" in Audacity does jack shit. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

Easy. Load the MIDI into Winamp. Change the output plugin of Winamp to "Nullsoft Disk Writer", making sure that it is configured to output as an MP3 instead of whatever is default.

Easy. Load the MIDI into Winamp. Change the output plugin of Winamp to "Nullsoft Disk Writer", making sure that it is configured to output as an MP3 instead of whatever is default.

Thanks. I don't have Winamp installed at the moment (I used to), but I'll try it out. Oh, and will this work with the free version of Winamp?

Yeah, it took me a while to figure out exactly how to do it. You have to mess around with the plug-in's options, and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Then I changed the MIDI output's settings to "enable sampling" (whatever the hell that means). That did the trick. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom