Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Hard: Frustratingly control breakingly hard

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Moderate: Right mix of challenge and frustration. Just right

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Easy: Boring casual gamers zone

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
Only once I could finish star wars:jedi power battles (PS1) almost 5 years ago, its because that damned Darth Maul.
In PS2 I would have to say Devil May Cry, but the "Dante Must Die!" difficulty really dissapointed me.

If you want to play a game that's hard for all the right reasons (no cheap deaths) play Alundra sometime. If the ice block puzzle doesn't make you want to fling a controller across the room, you're a better gamer than I.

Ah, I remember... Alundra was a game my friends gave me to solve their problems. I sometimes thought I could bite the controller ;)

I would give Alundra a 3+.

Urgh...I hate ice block puzzles. I almost threw my Wiimote at the TV like you hear of those people doing because of the ones in Twilight Princess.

Mario Lost Levels, hard as hell! My friend and I used to play that game all the time. I think we ended up beating it after months and months and months of practice. Though we never played or beat all the bonus leveled you could unlock.

Urgh...I hate ice block puzzles. I almost threw my Wiimote at the TV like you hear of those people doing because of the ones in Twilight Princess.

I freaking hated those!

actually, the hardest game ever In my opinion is Air Fortress for NES.
in the fifth or sixth level, there is so much flying at you that there is no hope of surviving. GAH! now I'm pissed off...:banghead:

Super Robot Wars OG- you set your own difficulty, so I always play on expert by gaining all the battle mastery's
Xenosaga 1- I still can't beat cherankov, he is a pure beast of a boss.

hardest game I've ever played was Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight.

harder than any Konami game.
harder than any other Capcom game.

I'm not exactly a pansy when it comes to gaming; I'm currently 38 seconds behind the current Super Mario Bros. tool-assisted speed run best time. I've beaten Contra on one continue without using the konami code. I can finish Mega Man 2 with one life (and no time freeze on Quickman's stage). but Street Fighter 2010 beat my ass into the ground, and then jizzed all over my face as an after-thought.

Second place goes to He-Man and the Masters of the Universe on the 2600.

fuck battletoads. there are harder RARE games.

Last edited:
this game
It's the hardest game known to man.
Not "hard" per-say, just "hard to get into".

Though Etrian Odyssey (and its sequel) on the Nintendo DS, those two games are HARD. To even stand a chance of surviving the first few floors of the circa 100 floor dungeon, you have to put hours of time and effort into the game. If you have a lot of free time to waste, it's well worth it, because it's one of the best dungeon crawlers on the DS. But if you don't have a ton of time to grind, prepare to die A LOT. Seriously, your party WILL die, the death WILL be extremely painful for all involved, and you too will know the annoyance of monsters known as "F.O.Es".

In Japan, the game is so popular, it's spawned a fan-made remix album, which features a song called "F.O.E", which is about just how annoying these F.O.Es are. This is the (subtitled) music video of aforementioned song.

Edit- oh yeah, it's worth noting that this game will, much like WoW, take over your free time and ruin your life if you ever want to complete it. I've played the first game for 150 hours and counting, and am nowhere near "done".

Not "hard" per-say, just "hard to get into".

Though Etrian Odyssey (and its sequel) on the Nintendo DS, those two games are HARD. To even stand a chance of surviving the first few floors of the circa 100 floor dungeon, you have to put hours of time and effort into the game.

Ah, yes. This gets my vote as hardest game I've played. Well worth playing though. That game is super-hardcore....hard enemies, harder bosses, fairly confusing dungeons (well, some of the time), making maps by hand on the touch screen....good stuff. :bigthumbup:

*WHOOOOSH*
No, really, Dragon Force is extremely easy in comparison to other SRPGs. It's just let down by an initially confusing interface.

Well, I thought it was easy once you worked out how to play it. then again, I also think that Megaman has a good storyline, so my opinion is null and void.

No, really, Dragon Force is extremely easy in comparison to other SRPGs. It's just let down by an initially confusing interface.

:banghead:

1147395547371.jpg

DragonforceMotivator.jpg

ok... the dragonforce meme is "the hardest metal known to man" or "harder than fucking diamonds"

I claimed that the dragonforce game was the "hardest game known to man" following the "hardest x known to man" meme.

Back
Top Bottom