What just happened to the main page?

gutzsant

At the time of posting this, the main page is not available. It says "The requested URL /index.php/ was not found on this server." Were some changes done, the site was hacked or the software failed? This is quite weird.

I'm moving servers and there was some sort of a glitch. I'm trying to fix it right now.

EDIT: main site should be back to normal. I'm currently checking through if everything's working as expected.

EDIT #2: the forums are gonna be down some more in a few hours as I upgrade vBulletin.

Thanks Edman! The software does need to be upgraded, specially with all that spam that roams in the comments and in the forums. By the way, if you are upgrading the site, could you allow other file extensions to be uploaded (like .tar) and longer filesize (around 20 MB) for MAME emulators?

The forum has been upgraded to vB3.8.0., which is the latest version.

tar is already an allowed extension? Are you sure you're having trouble uploading tar files? You should gzip them anyway.

I'm gonna update the filesize limit. I think the new server has a pretty small one.

I think it was .tar.bz or something like that. I don't remember exactly. It is used for some source codes, specially for Linux. I had to add .zip at the end to be able to upload them. I try to keep the files the same way they are on the authors' pages and that's why I do not re-zip them normally. Also, there was some Mac file format which I had to rename.
When I'm able to remember which emulators use it, I'll let you know the exact extensions.

And let's hope that the spam issue is solved with the new software. Thanks for updating it Edman.

I think it was .tar.bz or something like that. I don't remember exactly. It is used for some source codes, specially for Linux. I had to add .zip at the end to be able to upload them. I try to keep the files the same way they are on the authors' pages and that's why I do not re-zip them normally. Also, there was some Mac file format which I had to rename.
When I'm able to remember which emulators use it, I'll let you know the exact extensions.

And let's hope that the spam issue is solved with the new software. Thanks for updating it Edman.

Ah, so that's a bz extension, and not tar. I've just added that.

Changed upload_max_filesize = 25Min php.ini. You should be able to upload files of that size. I'm afraid my internet connection is so crappy I dare not test it, so maybe give it a try.

I... I love you.:inlove:
:eek:utta here:

Still getting an error message on my end:
"One of the files you are trying to upload does not have a valid extension. The only file extensions allowed are: .ips, .rar., .zip., .ace., .7z"

Last edited:
A music player.

EDIT: While it's fresh on my mind, can we also enable the uploading of .bz2 in addition to .bz?

Last edited:
Added bz2 extension.

Can you give me the exact link to the page where you are trying to upload that gets you an error message?

Back
Top Bottom