Better Emoticons

Agreed that we need new emoticons, but I think the better idea would be to alpha transparent PNGs that can blend in on any colour scheme. I was able to make this work with my avatar, but the emoticons here seem beyond my abilities. If we can't find emoticons to fit the bill, maybe it would be better if we tried a homegrown solution. Maybe we can make new replacements if work together?

I was thinking of sparing the IE6 leftovers the grief of dealing with PNGs with alpha transparency. Maybe we should just use these (most of which look great on any background color):

http://www.zophar.net/wwwthreads/smilies/

Oh retard emoticon, how I miss you...
retard.gif

I've been considering figuring out a way to put those back in. I'll look into it later.

edit: I implemented most of the smilies in that directory. We still need replacements though for some of the default vBulletin ones, namely these:

:) :( :confused: :p ;) :eek: <- that last one should be a colon o face, if you know what I mean

Last edited:
I was thinking of sparing the IE6 leftovers the grief of dealing with PNGs with alpha transparency.
Well I was thinking of deliberately making their lives hard. I know some of them are at work, but the more people who bitch to tech support about "The internet not working properly", the better really. Still, the old emoticons work fine I guess.

Sweetie, I got one for ya - a legendary one:

hug_emoticon.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom