New forum Feature! Youtube!

Reaper man

<center><object width="425" height="344"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3KANI2dpXLw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object></center>

I decided to add the youtube tag for posts so that you can now post various videos, including (but not limited to) ROM hack demonstrations, emulation tutorials, and more!

The tag works as follows:

{youtube}video id{/youtube} (replace curly brackets with square ones, of course)

So go ahead, hop on the forums, and try it out!

Working, yay!

BTW, you can use [noparse][/noparse] to keep tags from getting parsed:

[youtube]video id[/youtube]

Last edited:
.....D:

ack, well that's a pretty interesting exploit you found, but not exactly useful. Sadly, I can't think of anything that would counteract that though. ;/

Yeah, it's apparently not dangerous, so long as there aren't any SWFs hosted on the youtube.com domain that do something like redirect to another site. (Fortunately, in html-off mode, vBulletin already converts quotation marks to """. Otherwise, some nasty js exploits might perhaps be possible by inserting a closing quotation mark and then an event handler.) I guess it should be possible to program the PHP to do a PCRE search for the string

=\"http:\/\/www\.youtube\.com\/v\/*/\.*.\"

and replace it with somthing like =\"\"

but it's probably not necessary-- YouTube doesn't host any problematic SWFs as far as I can tell -- so you probably needn't worry about it, since the harmless stuff that I did is about all that a forum user could do, as far as I can tell.

Can you add
Code:
&showsearch=0
to the link so that we don't see the annoying search bar?

Yeah that was bothering me a bit too, so it's fixed now. Nice find. I didn't even think it could be disabled.

in fact, I guess one could say that find was 1337 (my current post count) HA!

Yeah that was bothering me a bit too, so it's fixed now. Nice find. I didn't even think it could be disabled.

in fact, I guess one could say that find was 1337 (my current post count) HA!

Hm... I see 3,821 now. Did you switch it down to 1337 and then switch it back up?

it updates the post count and registration join time. it makes your old account posts yours, etc.

oh, and yeah I got my old PMs back as well. Yeah, fighting with the mods... good times. ;p

it updates the post count and registration join time. it makes your old account posts yours, etc.

oh, and yeah I got my old PMs back as well. Yeah, fighting with the mods... good times. ;p

heheh. =D

I wonder-- would my pre-2004-bannination account*, with all its PMs, have gotten tranferred over to the new system? (I see I have some backups of PMs from 2002, but I don't think I have backups of later pre-banning ones.) † It'd be kind of neat to have those.

† For anyone who is too new to remember but is curious, what happened was that I got banned for creating a duplicate account as a joke, then later was allowed to rejoin.

Back
Top Bottom