Rom hack submission editing

thedarkbanshee

I submitted as hack for super mario kart but forgot to add the read me file. This read me file is absolutely required because it is not a normal patch. My rom hack requires 2 patches and needs that explanation, otherwise the game will run with a single normal patch which can load and get threw the menus except the game play and visuals are corrupt. Is there a way to edit this as it is a pending submission or should I request to have it removed and then I can resubmit.

Note I also submitted Super Mario Kart - Battle lives. This set is completely new and not part of Super Mario Kart Devanny Dark Edition Alt battle. It if a perfect submission.

This might be a really stupid question, but why not make a patch from the the ROM with the two patches already applied?

I have tried this. It causes corruptions. I think it trys to apply the differences but does not match up so it applys and appears to work. This corrupt ver. even loads and is capiple of getting threw the menus absolutely flawlessly but once the gameplay start it is a mess. So it has to patch a otiginal rom to the ips that was made before I made it and then it needs the ips patch for my updates. I know of a way to fix this and make it a single patch. In doing so it would loose its theme. Well I think there is a way to make it a single patch and not liose its theme but I would have to test it. Anyway I got a bunch if these I made abd it would take consitterable effort to go threw all of that when it could easily be patched twice.

Last edited:
How do you submit a homebrew (Public Domain) ROM here on Zophar's? I looked under the category but there is no link to be able to submit one there. A person on Discord was wondering about this and was trying to offer assistance.

Back
Top Bottom