Pending Savestate

These things take time. There are currently twelve savestates in the queue, dating back to May.

What exactly do you and lillymon do outside of handling forum spam? I mean, it's not like you post news on the front page, or write articles on anything. So, why can't you open up these submission queues and just fucking take care of them? Savestates submissions backed up to may? Fucking ridiculous. And your logic is to find someone else to do it.

I never signed up to update the site. I only signed up to manage the forums and such. Lillymon and I are in talks about getting more staff on board.

Just recode the submission system so everything is accepted automatically. It's not like a few thousand bits of malware are going to hurt the quality of the archive.

What exactly do you and lillymon do outside of handling forum spam? I mean, it's not like you post news on the front page, or write articles on anything.
Well I have been known to post emulator news on occasion, but I'm in a similar situation to Reaper man. When the new site came up, I only applied for the position of forum moderator. I've since become an administrator, but that doesn't make news posting something I want to do. I did it way back in 2003/04 and found it a difficult, thankless task. Still seems pretty much the same, you spend 30-60 minutes putting together a news post and all you ever hear is "Look at this trivial mistake that slipped through! You hopeless moron! What are you doing?" and really, what am I doing? I work for free to get told I'm an idiot? Fuck that shit.

So yeah, I just don't like doing it. In fact, I'm amazed that other people (such as Azul Fria, who has pretty much kept the news section alive all by herself as of late) can keep doing it consistently. I get worn down and demoralized too quickly myself, which is why I tried to avoid being part of that side of the site this time around.

Azul Fria has the one trait that made this site great in the beginning. She's not old enough to have much better to do. Unfortunately, she has a vagina, thus her shelf life here is much more limited than the original staff.

found it a difficult, thankless task. Still seems pretty much the same, you spend 30-60 minutes putting together a news post
So yeah, I just don't like doing it.

"So, why can't you open up these submission queues and just fucking take care of them?"

I wasn't suggesting you post news, which actually is a bit of work. I was suggesting taking care of file submission queues. open, virus scan, approve. You don't need to be a bug tester for these submissions, the users can handle that part.

"So, why can't you open up these submission queues and just fucking take care of them?"

I wasn't suggesting you post news, which actually is a bit of work. I was suggesting taking care of file submission queues. open, virus scan, approve. You don't need to be a bug tester for these submissions, the users can handle that part.
You asked for it, so you got it. ClamAV didn't seem to find anything that looked like a virus, so I just waved the whole submission queue through. If you submitted a savestate in May or later, I just approved it.

Edit: Eh, what the hell. I also approved a load of hacks while I was at it. The rest of the submission queues are relatively small and are either outside of my areas of expertise or just confused the hell out of me so I'm leaving them for now. Still, an improvement over what it looked like before.

Back
Top Bottom