PDA

View Full Version : SNES ROM to Cartridge Conversion

EventHorizon
02-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Hey, I've been SNES ROM hacking for quite some time now and I wouldn't like to be able to start playing my games on my SNES. Is there a place I can find information and pricing on handware, and where I would be able to find blank cartridges for sale? Thanks.

<P ID="signature"></P>

MooglyGuy
02-07-2005, 11:47 PM
> Hey, I've been SNES ROM hacking for quite some time now and
> I wouldn't like to be able to start playing my games on my
> SNES. Is there a place I can find information and pricing on
> handware, and where I would be able to find blank cartridges
> for sale? Thanks.

Well... you don't buy "blank cartridges". What you want is an 'SNES Copier', for instance, a Super Wildcard. Typically an SNES copier has one or more ways of loading a cartridge into RAM - via floppy disks, a ZIP disk, or a CD, usually - and allow you to play games that require an add-on chip (Super FX, DSP) if you plug another cartridge which has the same chip into it. Good luck on tracking one down, I've been wanting one for years but haven't bothered to really delve deep into it.

<P ID="signature"></P>

phonymike
02-07-2005, 11:58 PM
head on over to tototek.com they make a 64mbit snes flash cartridge. it's just the board and an adaptor that is powered by usb yet programmed with parallel port. it can only have 1 sram at a time, so if you put two games on it they will overlay each other.

I have 2 extra GDSF3's that I got from that place. since these things are worth more than money to me, I'd let one go for say $50, even though you can get them at that site for $35 (plus like $20 shipping from hong kong.) mine are 32mbit, so they'll play most games except ToP and star ocean. if you get a game doctor upgraded from that site, you can play ToP with at least 48mbit and star ocean with 96mbit.

I love my game doctors, though you can put tototek's flash cart in a snes shell and carry around a game or two with you. imagine having chrono trigger and sd3 on one cart. it might be possible with a rom hack to make each game write sram to a different area of the cart.

<P ID="signature">immortality (http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike)</P>

MooglyGuy
02-08-2005, 12:02 AM
> head on over to tototek.com they make a 64mbit snes flash
> cartridge. it's just the board and an adaptor that is
> powered by usb yet programmed with parallel port.

Fuck yes! I am going to buy one of these as soon as I can afford it!

<P ID="signature"></P>

phonymike
02-08-2005, 12:10 AM
lemme know when you get it, I'd be interested in making a hack to allow certain games to save 32KB after they usually do. this way two games wouldn't interfere with each other.

<P ID="signature">immortality (http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike)</P>