PDA

View Full Version : View pms in flat mode?


mrfreeze
07-14-2004, 06:49 AM
Please don't ream me for this. Just a suggestion since that's the purpose of this board.
http://www.threadsdev.com/forum/showflat.php/Number/115865

<P ID="signature"><image src=http://imageshack.us/files/donsig2.gif></P>

SwampGas
07-14-2004, 05:21 PM
> Please don't ream me for this. Just a suggestion since
> that's the purpose of this board.
> http://www.threadsdev.com/forum/showflat.php/Number/115865

I don't understand the purpose of that. The private messages are in the header at the top regardless of the mode.

<P ID="signature"><marquee direction=right scrollamount=10>http://www.zophar.net/personal/swampgas/hsrun.gif</marquee></P>

thegodofhellfire
07-14-2004, 05:42 PM
> I don't understand the purpose of that. The private
> messages are in the header at the top regardless of the
> mode.

I think what he means is that one would have threads of PMs, instead of just a collection all bundled together on one level. If that's the case, it might be useful for people who use the PM system often, and who prefer to keep them for longer periods. Perhaps I'm missing something, though.

<P ID="signature"></P>

king killa
07-14-2004, 05:44 PM
> I don't understand the purpose of that. The private
> messages are in the header at the top regardless of the
> mode.
>

It makes it so you can view them all at once as if it were in flat mode.

<P ID="signature"></P>

SwampGas
07-14-2004, 07:48 PM
I still don't understand. I need a screenshot.

<P ID="signature"><marquee direction=right scrollamount=10>http://www.zophar.net/personal/swampgas/hsrun.gif</marquee></P>

thegodofhellfire
07-14-2004, 07:55 PM
> I still don't understand. I need a screenshot.

Basically something that runs like this (http://forums.cherryroms.com/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=83d091096597c5075830a1ba9f3e64b9), but only in respect of PMs. That is, assuming I understood mrfreeze's original post correctly.

<P ID="signature"></P>

SwampGas
07-14-2004, 07:57 PM
We already have that. Click on "check private" above.

<P ID="signature"><marquee direction=right scrollamount=10>http://www.zophar.net/personal/swampgas/hsrun.gif</marquee></P>

thegodofhellfire
07-14-2004, 08:06 PM
> We already have that. Click on "check private" above.

No, we have this (http://www.sgduncan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/scott/pm.png). In what mrfreeze was talking about, a continuous PM conversation would be gropued together (ie, a "Machina II" thread, an "Avatar" thread, etc), instead of every single message being left in a single screen.

<P ID="signature"></P>

SwampGas
07-14-2004, 08:10 PM
Unless that's already coded, I'm not wasting the time to write it.

<P ID="signature"><marquee direction=right scrollamount=10>http://www.zophar.net/personal/swampgas/hsrun.gif</marquee></P>

king killa
07-14-2004, 08:53 PM
> Unless that's already coded, I'm not wasting the time to
> write it.
>

he proivided a link.
It isn't threads, it's every PM you have displayed all at once, in flat mode.

<P ID="signature"></P>

SwampGas
07-14-2004, 08:57 PM
> he proivided a link.

That's wonderful...but he pointed to different board software. Someone needs to write it for THIS software.

<P ID="signature"><marquee direction=right scrollamount=10>http://www.zophar.net/personal/swampgas/hsrun.gif</marquee></P>

Reaper man
07-14-2004, 10:37 PM
> That's wonderful...but he pointed to different board
> software. Someone needs to write it for THIS software.

King_Killa could easily do that <img src=smilies/cwm11.gif>

<P ID="signature"><center>
sig not found...</center></P>

king killa
07-14-2004, 10:42 PM
> > he proivided a link.
>
> That's wonderful...but he pointed to different board
> software. Someone needs to write it for THIS software.
>

uh, UBB and WWWthreads are the same thing, just different versions.

<P ID="signature"></P>

Fla Flash
07-15-2004, 02:24 AM
God, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.
For god's sake...Freeze, wtf are you thinking?
That's a definite personal preferance, not an improvement for the site (which is what this board is for).
If you want all the bells, whistles and three dollar hookars you can pay for, then....

<P ID="signature"><img src=http://www.freewebs.com/mewscorner/mean.png>
Diary of a Vigilante III...The Homecoming.. (http://www.freewebs.com/mewscorner/)</P>

mrfreeze
07-15-2004, 04:36 AM
If you want all the bells,
> whistles and three dollar hookars you can pay for, then....
>
dude, I require at least a 5 dollar hooker. But nevermind, suggestion retracted.

<P ID="signature"><image src=http://imageshack.us/files/donsig2.gif></P>

SwampGas
07-15-2004, 05:09 AM
> uh, UBB and WWWthreads are the same thing, just different
> versions.

COMPLETELY different versions...as in...it's nearly different software.

<P ID="signature"><marquee direction=right scrollamount=10>http://www.zophar.net/personal/swampgas/hsrun.gif</marquee></P>

SwampGas
07-15-2004, 05:10 AM
> King_Killa could easily do that

So call your boyfriend and have him do it.

<P ID="signature"><marquee direction=right scrollamount=10>http://www.zophar.net/personal/swampgas/hsrun.gif</marquee></P>

SpaceTiger
07-15-2004, 11:32 AM
> That's a definite
> personal preferance, not an improvement for the site

Presumably it would be made optional so that it was just a matter of preference. The suggestion is fine, but SwampGas is right; if the code doesn't already exist for wwwthreads, it wouldn't be worth the effort to code it. If the code mrfreeze linked is for a much newer version of the same board, then there's no reason to think that it would work on here.

<P ID="signature">http://qonos.princeton.edu/nbond/tiger5.gif</P>

Fla Flash
07-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Hey, I wasn't yelling at him.
Guess I'm just "pms" ing.<img src=smilies/laff.gif><img src=smilies/laff.gif><img src=smilies/laff.gif><img src=smilies/laff.gif><img src=smilies/laff.gif><img src=smilies/laff.gif><img src=smilies/laff.gif><img src=smilies/laff.gif>

<P ID="signature"><img src=http://www.freewebs.com/mewscorner/mean.png>
Diary of a Vigilante III...The Homecoming.. (http://www.freewebs.com/mewscorner/)</P>

Reaper man
07-15-2004, 03:20 PM
> So call your boyfriend and have him do it.

I do believe that I was the one that told king killa to PM you to see if he could be board maintainer and you said yes... I still don't see purple on his screen name <img src=smilies/upeyes.gif>

<P ID="signature"><center>
sig not found...</center></P>

king killa
07-15-2004, 03:32 PM
> I do believe that I was the one that told king killa to PM
> you to see if he could be board maintainer and you said
> yes... I still don't see purple on his screen name
>

I could care less if I have a special colored nick. I don't give two shits about this board, but I like a lot of the members. It seemed a lot of members were unhappy with some of the missing features, and that is why I asked about being the "board maintainer". But it is kinda hard, seeing as I only have access to UBB code, and this board runs on WWW.

<P ID="signature"></P>

SwampGas
07-15-2004, 03:43 PM
> I could care less if I have a special colored nick. I don't
> give two shits about this board, but I like a lot of the
> members. It seemed a lot of members were unhappy with some
> of the missing features, and that is why I asked about being
> the "board maintainer". But it is kinda hard, seeing as I
> only have access to UBB code, and this board runs on WWW.

Please have these "members" put the features that are missing in the suggestions forum. I am not aware of missing "features"....all I hear are trivial changes that serve no greater purpose; and those suggestions that do carry some weight are never coded because no one wants to help out and code them.

For you and your big wheela king killa cap peela 1337 h4x0r php crew being such php gurus--and in no small part because you're SUCH a nice guy--I don't see why you don't spend the 5 minutes and do these changes. You already stole the ZD w3 code so you have a good idea of what it looks like. 5 minutes to do the code is something that I do not have.

Every single time people suggest something or offer something I always give the same response: SHOW ME THE MONEY. You want something? Go do it and we'll add it. So far we have not received:

1) A redesign and new code
2) Changes to the board system
3) ANYTHING

Guess what kids...I don't run ZD anymore and I haven't for a LONG time. It's time to let go of these childish and outdated grudges so we all can accomplish something for the greater good. News flash: I don't benefit from new code or design...likewise, I don't lose anything from not having it. It's about YOU. It's about all the visitors as a whole.

<P ID="signature"><marquee direction=right scrollamount=10>http://www.zophar.net/personal/swampgas/hsrun.gif</marquee></P>

king killa
07-15-2004, 06:03 PM
> You already stole the ZD w3
> code so you have a good idea of what it looks like.

Nobody stole your fucking code. How the hell would we? It's not as if we have access to it. if I make a script that counts to ten, and someone else makes the same thing, it doesn't mean they saw my code. The only changes on this board are things that can EASILY be made.

<P ID="signature"></P>

SwampGas
07-15-2004, 06:54 PM
> Nobody stole your fucking code. How the hell would we? It's
> not as if we have access to it. if I make a script that
> counts to ten, and someone else makes the same thing, it
> doesn't mean they saw my code. The only changes on this
> board are things that can EASILY be made.

<img src=smilies/sleep.gif>

<P ID="signature"><marquee direction=right scrollamount=10>http://www.zophar.net/personal/swampgas/hsrun.gif</marquee></P>

The 9th Sage
07-15-2004, 09:31 PM
> I don't
> give two shits about this board

<img src=smilies/banghead.gif><img src=smilies/banghead.gif>
That'll help new features get added to the board for sure.

<P ID="signature">http://www.xanga.com/ZeldaDDhttp://www.angelfire.com/realm2/zdd2/images/Spenchi_Xanga.txt</a></P>

The 9th Sage
07-15-2004, 09:33 PM
> Nobody stole your fucking code. How the hell would we? It's
> not as if we have access to it. if I make a script that
> counts to ten, and someone else makes the same thing, it
> doesn't mean they saw my code. The only changes on this
> board are things that can EASILY be made.

Actually, in SwampGas's defence, he did make quite a few changes to make board moderating easier and more effective. But the people who know about them are the mods and admin, not the regular users, so I suppose in your eyes it wouldn't count.


<P ID="signature">http://www.xanga.com/ZeldaDDhttp://www.angelfire.com/realm2/zdd2/images/Spenchi_Xanga.txt</a></P>

king killa
07-16-2004, 01:39 AM
>
> Actually, in SwampGas's defence, he did make quite a few
> changes to make board moderating easier and more effective.

Well, I can't comment on what I can't see, but from the modifications I can see, they are easy hacks.

<P ID="signature"></P>

SwampGas
07-16-2004, 02:20 AM
> Well, I can't comment on what I can't see, but from the
> modifications I can see, they are easy hacks.

So do them. I don't have time.

<P ID="signature"><marquee direction=right scrollamount=10>http://www.zophar.net/personal/swampgas/hsrun.gif</marquee></P>