gb68ka Nintendo - GameBoy Emulator on the Calculators platform
This is a Nintendo Gameboy emulator for the various TI-89 and TI-92+ graphing calculators. It is programmed in a combination of C and ASM using TIGCC. C is used for some initialization and user interface code. The emulation engine itself is pure ASM. Some games work and some don't. Most have small graphics errors, and most run slowly. A few games run fast enough for me to consider them playable.
* All Gameboy instructions except stop
* MBC1, MBC2, MBC3 (with clock), and MBC5
* Save ram up to 32k
* Timer (timing not that accurate)
* Background layer, sprite layer, and partial window layer
* Gameboy Color features
* All other memory controllers (special carts that have things like rumble support)
* Sprite priority behind background layer
* Raster effects - The actual Gameboy draws the screen one line at a time. Gameboy instructions are allowed to modify display parameters as the screen is being drawn. This allows certain special effects to be achieved. This emulator currently draws the entire screen in one pass, which means these special effects won't work. This makes some games unplayable, but it's also faster. (And easier to program...)
* Probably other things
I'd like to add the second sprite priority and support for raster effects. Link play seems unlikely, but it may be possible. Sound would be neat, but I don't think it will happen. Gameboy color features will never be emulated. Besides a color screen, the GBC has 4 times the ram, twice the VRAM, and (most importantly), a CPU that can run twice as fast. Some gameboy color games will still run on a regular gameboy; these should work on the emulator as well.
USING THE EMULATOR
* TI-89 (titanium) OR
* TI-92+ OR
* Lots of free memory
* Game ROMS to play
Author's website: http://www.ti-news.net/project_view.php?project=gb68k
|gb68k program and tools||07/09/2008||complete emulator in .zip format||144.18 KB||Download|
Does anyone have version 0.5.5? 0.5.6 does not work on pokemon gold and silver but 0.5.5 does for some reason.
Leave a comment
You need to be logged in to post comments!
Not yet registered? Click here to register!