How to Play a ROM Hack
This is very easy
1. Download the IPS file of the hack you want to play, and unzip it.
2. Download an IPS Patcher here. We'll use Lunar IPS for this example. Unzip it into a folder where you won't lose it.
3. Download a CLEAN ROM. That means, a ROM in it's normal form, and hasn't been tampered with so far. If the hack is of Super Mario Bros 1, find a Super Mario Bros 1 ROM. Zophar does not provide roms, use Google to find them. For example, search for "Super Mario Bros ROM". Unzip it into a folder where you won't lose it.
4. Download an emulator. If the hack is of Super Mario Bros 1, Download an NES emulator here. You can find emulators for other consoles on that list as well. Unzip it into a folder where you won't lose it.
5. Double click on Lunar IPS.exe, click "Apply Patch".
6. Select the IPS file that you downloaded.
7. Afterwards, it will ask you to select a ROM. Select the ROM that the hack is based off of. If you have an IPS of a Super Mario Bros. 1 hack, then find the Super Mario Bros 1 ROM, and double click it.
8. Find your emulator, and double click it.
9. Go under "File", then "Open", and look for the ROM. If you applied it correctly, the game should run fine.
ROMs (Public Domain)
Music Playback / Manipulation