This week, I released updates to iNES and fMSX emulators for Android. fMSX has got optimized special effects shaders and the lowest-latency sound option. The new iNES comes with the completely rewritten sound chip emulation and fixed support for Konami VRC2/VRC4 cartridges. This should address most complaints about the sound quality. Since I am still adding finishing touches to the new sound chip code, expect
more sound improvements in the next few weeks.
iNES 4.7 -- Nintendo NES, Famicom, DiskSystem, VS System Emulator
* Completely rewrote sound chip emulation.
* Fixed sound in Super Mario Brothers, Duck Hunt, many other games.
* Fixed Famicom DiskSystem sound channel.
* Fixed mappers #21 (VRC4A/VRC4C) and #22 (VRC2A).
* Ganbare Goemon 2 and Wai Wai World 2 (mapper #21) work.
* Fixed mappers #23 and #25 to guess VRC4/VRC2.
* Status line in Japanese Tiny Toon Adventures (mapper #23) works.
* Status line in Boku Dracula Kun (mapper #23) works.
* Ganbare Goemon and Japanese Gradius 2 (mapper #25) work.
* Bio Miracle Bokutte (mapper #25) works.
fMSX 4.7.5 -- MSX, MSX2, MSX2+ Home Computer Emulator
* Optimized OpenGLES shaders used in scaling algorithms and filters.
* Added "Audio | Sampling Rate | Automatic" option for best available sound.
* Always using optimal rate and buffer size when "Automatic" selected.
* Added "Audio | Sampling Rate" options for 24kHz and 48kHz sound.
My free apps are also available outside Google Play Store, for
Google-free device users: