Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > Emulation Talk > General Emulation

Old 06-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
mistamontiel

Exclamation A .7z and.. .ape files 0.o

Gonna see what PakkISO can do..as emuparadise suggests it.

I get C3 racing, in it is a .7z and .ape files. the .7z is (Track 1) and the rest is (Track 2) and so on..

I xtract and just look into the .7z and it's a .bin.ecm file. So how do I put those .ape files to use..? Seems like music to me ? Sorry gaiz =\
mistamontiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
The 9th Sage

it sounds like PakkIso is what you need. You could probably do everything manually but it sounds like Pakkiso will do it automatically, so there's no need.

Also, the .ape files are probably Monkey's Audio, which is a lossless audio codec (I'm presuming they used it because of that reason). Bin.ecm is an ISO image (in this case it sounds like JUST the data track) that has been put through Neill Corlett's ECM program. ECM tends to make ISO images compress better...the process is easily reversible, so it's kind of a win win situation.

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
mistamontiel

Oh my god. Yeh I made somewhat progress with PakkISO..it's playable but no music. All the .ape files now became .bin as well.

Earlier when I just decompressed with Monkey's Audio program they were all .wav a whopping 404MB in total. Thought it was a lot for music..what shall I do with all of the .bin just make em .wav ? Thanks so much in advance 9th Sage.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #4
The 9th Sage

It was going to have to convert the audio to WAV, yes. Redbook CD Audio doesn't use any kind of compression. Anyway, if Pakkiso didn't put it back together I'm not exactly sure. There's not a cue sheet (.cue file) or anything like that is there?

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #5
mistamontiel

Negative on the .cue file. They're all .bin and music doesn't play out. I tried renaming to .wav but couldn't play em myself..was hoping they would work ingame :[
Old 06-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #6
InVerse

Have you considered just redownloading the game from a place that doesn't package their games like morons?
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:46 PM   #7
schmocke

for the *.ecm file - un-ecm it (already done, I guess) for the *.ape files - try to unpack them with desired encoder (Monkeys Audio). You could try Isobuster or PowerISO to merge the files and get an ISO and or cuefile - but i doubt it will work as it should.
Otherwise, try to get a proper image without this comlicated crap - like a mds/mdf or ccd/img/sub image.
schmocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:15 AM   #8
mistamontiel

C3 Car Constructors Championship..somethin' like that is xtremely rare. I've checked for the American version Max Racing someshit..totally rare

I can still mount and run just the .bin only. Yes..Monkey Audio program did the .ape to .wav

I'm just goin' apeshit..:X
Old 06-08-2010, 01:42 AM   #9
InVerse

This is the Internet, son, there's no such thing as "rare". It took me less than 30 seconds to find a copy of the game on a well known ROM site using Google.

And according to GameFAQs, there is no American version. It lists both C3 Racing: Car Constructors Championship and Max Power Racing as European only releases. And according to Wikipedia, the game is known as Max Power Racing in Europe.

I would tell you where/how to find it but that's frowned upon here because they're afraid it will detract from the advertising revenues derived from this site's ROM section. (Even though this site doesn't have that particular PSX game.) (Note: The staff of Zophar's Domain would like you to know that they are not affiliated with the ROM section of this site. They would like you to believe that the ROM section isn't affiliated with this site either but seeing as how they're owned/admined by the same person jackass who can't even be bothered to visit and share a common name/domain/design, that pretty much qualifies as an affiliation in most books.)

So, in short, you suck at Google. Go practice.

PS: Occam's Razor

Last edited by Lillymon; 06-09-2010 at 12:20 AM.
InVerse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:29 AM   #10
mistamontiel

Oh that damn "SNES" site..well. A .z01 and a .zip ? That's odd..I shall see what I can do with them and WinRAR..:X