04-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Join Date: Jun 2008
A new release of this PC Engine/Turbo Grafx 16 emulator for Windows is available. These are the changes:
- Processing that adjusts the balance of brightness and the gradation of the screen is improved, and the image quality of default has been readjusted.
- "Setting->Screen->Scanline Density"(density of the horizontal scanning line) menu was moved to "Screen->Scanline Density", and the setting of "10%, 30%, 50%, 60%, and 70%" was added.
* When the value of this "Scanline Density" is set small, the gamma value is optimized (bright). This can be set at "TV Mode" or "Horizontal Scanlined".
- "Optimize Gamma" was added to "Screen->Scanline Density" menu. Remove the check if you do not want to optimize the entire brightness(gamma value) when the scanning line is displayed. Use by having put the check is recommended usually. Because it must not become difficult to see the character of the shade part.
- The setting of "0.94" and "1.04" was added to "Screen->Gamma" menu. * Set "Brightness" greatly when you set Gamma small. Because it must not become difficult to see the character of the shade part.
- The image quality of the "TV Mode" and "Horizontal Scanlined" at "x4" has been improved.
- The speed and timing were brought close to the movement of a real machine.
In "CITY HUNTER", the problem that the lower hem of the start demo occasionally fell into disorder (generated from a recent version) was solved.
- When "Metal Angel 2" is started, a part of CD-ROM access processing becomes slowness near a real machine. The problem that the voice of the visual scene becomes interrupted was solved.
- When "Metal Angel 2" or "Travelers!" is started, the message of CD installation("CD-ROM->CD FullInstall" menu) recommendation is displayed. (For the voice problem solving. However, a little gap of voice happens at a real machine, too.)
- In "Xak III", the problem that an uppermost line of the screen had flickered was solved.
- Additionally, a detailed part has been improved and corrected.
Download it at the author's webpage
. It will be later available here
Special thanks to VT-Vincent
for the news.