has informed us that this Microbee Emulator for Windows, FreeBSD and Linux has been updated.
New for this release:
* Ubuntu Debian binary package added to the distribution packages.
* Added OpenGL textured video rendering mode, SDL remains the default mode. To use OpenGL mode specify '--video-type=gl' on the command line or set the required system's video type by changing the assignment inside the new sample configuration file. See the README file if OpenGL results in a white display.
* The OpenGL mode permits 4:3 and other aspect ratios in a window, full screen and maximised modes fill completely.
* Added --gl-filter_fs, --gl-filter_max and --gl-filter_win options to select soft or sharp filtering modes in OpenGL mode.
* Added --gl-aspect-bee option to set the Microbee aspect ratio.
* Added --gl-aspect-mon option to override the monitor aspect ratio.
* Added --gl-max option to enable/disable maximised window on start up. This currently does not work for Windows. Maximised windows can be set after starting the emulator.
* Added --gl-vsync option to enable/disable vertical sync swap buffers every n'th retrace.
* Added --gl-winpct option to set the initial window width by percentage.
* Added --gl-winpix option to set the initial window width by pixels.
* Added EMUKEY+F hot key to toggle the current filter mode when in OpenGL mode.
* Added EMUKEY+KP1 to EMUKEY+KP9 hot keys to select 10-90% width windows when in OpenGL mode.
* Added EMUKEY+KP_PERIOD to use the Microbee's 6545 screen width for the window width when in OpenGL mode.
* Added window resize feature using mouse to set window size when in OpenGL mode.
* Added 'gl' parameter to the --video-type option to select OpenGL mode.
* Added internal variables that can be created and accessed using options.
* Added scripting language options for uBee512 configuration files. The options relevant are described below:
* Added --varset and --varuset options to set and unset variables.
* Added --exit to allow emulation to exit during start up.
* Added --echo and --echoq to send string and/or variables to stdout.
* Added --if-end to terminate a test condition.
* Added --if-else to divert on a --if-test = false condition.
* Added --if-egt to test if string is equal to or greater than.
* Added --if-elt to test if string is equal to or less than.
* Added --if-eq to test if string is equal to.
* Added --if-gt to test if string is greater than.
* Added --if-lt to test if string is less than.
* Added --if-negt to test if string is not equal or greater than.
* Added --if-nelt to test if string is not equal or less than.
* Added --if-neq to test if string is not equal to.
* Added --if-ngt to test if string is not greater than.
* Added --if-nlt to test if string is not less than.
* Added --if-set to test if a variable has been set.
* Added --if-nset to test if a variable has not been set.
* Added --if-system to test for underlying system type.
* Added --if-true and --if-false to set the condition to true or false.
* Added --if-cmpmode to set the method used to compare values.
* Added preconfigured variables UBEE_VERSION, UBEE_HOST, UBEE_SYS_MAJOR and UBEE_SYS_MINOR to the existing UBEE512 (ubee512) variable. These are all created using the --varset method so this also means they can be removed with --varuset.
* Added joystick C_WINI and C_WIND commands for increasing/decreasing window size.
* Added joystick C_GLFILT command for toggling of OpenGL filter mode, and C_VSIZE1 command for video resizing.
* Added joystick C_MWHEEL command to select mouse wheel association.
* Added +video and +options to the --modio option arguments.
* Changed --snd-freqlow default to 20Hz to improve re-sync on quiet periods.
* Some improvements made to the audio holdoff code.
* Recoded the vdu_colcont_w() function to test RGB intensity bits and VDU PCG/colour RAM selection bits separately, this prevents a change in either leading to unnecessary time consuming updates.
* Changed version checking to skip a new version install if a later version ID string is found. This allows older version binaries to run without modifying the version ID. This will only work with emulator versions 3.0.0 and onwards.
* Changes made to ubee512rc and games.ini.sample files making use of the new scripting language options added to this release.
* Comment lines in configuration files may now have leading white space.
* Fixed issue when changing screen sizes from within a Microbee program that could possibly cause the emulator to crash under certain circumstances.
* Added code to correctly handle double quoted command line arguments when using win32 before being processed by getopt_long().
Get it at the project webpage
. You can also download it here
Special thanks to staticmem
for the news.