Zophar's Message Domain

Go Back   Zophar's Message Domain > General Chat > Talk of the Town

Old 07-04-2007, 04:42 AM   #11
icenine0

Default Re: WTB: Used Playstation games

Really? Mei Ling and that British chick sounded really bored and flat to me in the remake, whereas they had totally hardcore (and a little over the top) accents in the original. I'd have to play them side by side again, though ... Maybe the difference isn't as pronounced as I thought.

> Haw. I loved Twin Snakes As for the voices, they kept the
> sae actors in both games so the accents are the same.
>
<P ID="signature"></P>
icenine0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:53 AM   #12
The 9th Sage

> Haw. I loved Twin Snakes As for the voices, they kept the
> sae actors in both games so the accents are the same. Maybe
> I'm wrong, it's been a while since I've last played the
> original MGS.

The only one I can personally think of that sounded different is Mei Ling. I do have to say that though I kinda liked the cutscenes, they were really over the top sometimes, wow. :P
<P ID="signature">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjXHfVou58A
Click the Link (picture) to go make fun of my brother!</a></P>

Twitter
The 9th Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:27 AM   #13
Kitsune Sniper

> Really? Mei Ling and that British chick sounded really bored
> and flat to me in the remake, whereas they had totally
> hardcore (and a little over the top) accents in the
> original. I'd have to play them side by side again, though ... Maybe the difference isn't as pronounced as I thought.

IT IS. I bought Metal Gear Solid about a month ago and beat it; then I decided to compare the voices with Twin Snakes. So I looked for Twin Snakes videos on Youtube.

I'm glad I don't own Twin Snakes. The extra stuff isn't worth having to suffer through the cringeworthy voices.
<P ID="signature"></P>
Kitsune Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #14
Cornellius

> The only one I can personally think of that sounded
> different is Mei Ling. I do have to say that though I kinda
> liked the cutscenes, they were really over the top
> sometimes, wow. :P

Yeah, only Mei Ling sounds different.
<P ID="signature"></P>

Industrial electronic technician
Industrial mechanic (Millwright)
Cornellius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:17 AM   #15
Essee

> Chrono Cross
> Final Fantasy IX (best FF on the PSX, IMO.)
> Parappa the Rapper
> Spyro the Dragon (the first one. The sequels were not as good, i think but still a good series in its PSX run)
> Ape Escape (Love this one. Came out back when the dual shock was new and used the Analog in a great way. You NEED a dual shock to play, as a matter of fact, wont work without the analog.)
> Xenogears

I can personally vouch for all of the games I quoted, and agree with most of the other suggestions by puzzl (and YES, someone that agrees with me that FFIX was better than VII and VIII!). I would also like to add some extra suggestions I haven't seen mentioned here...

If you're looking for tactics RPGs, I'd like to suggest one that (as far as I know) costs very little and most people have probably never heard of: Eternal Eyes. It can get a bit tedious if you want to play for hours on end, but I think that happens in most tactics RPGs. Basic premise: you fight as the only human character and can have puppets come to life (sort of monsters) to fight alongside you, and depending on how you increase their stats with gems, they evolve into different types of monsters with different strengths. I know that sounds kinda Pokémonish, but it really doesn't come off that way. Solid tactics game that is definitely deeper than you would expect.

I could list a billion games, thanks to my large collection, but here are a few I would particularly suggest:
Legend of Dragoon (RPG)
Star Ocean: The Second Story (RPG)
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (Puzzle/Platformer, fairly tough to find.)
Tomba! 1 and 2 (Platformer with RPG elements... basically, you collect items to finish events. Also, if you have a save file from 1 on your memory card, you unlock extra events in 2. Tomba! 1 is REALLY REALLY hard to find, just so you know-- the only copy I managed to find was scratched to the point of not working through more than three areas.)
Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, Warped (3D Platforming, Insomniac and Naughty Dog have always been related to each other. I especially recommend the third game, Warped. DO NOT buy anything after the third games of either series, for any platform, except maybe Crash Bash, because both series were essentially ruined when left to Universal Vivendi.)
Crash Team Racing (Racing, EXCELLENT game with support for up to four players, uses characters from Crash series)
Chocobo Racing (Racing, and not just using chocobos to sell a terrible game)
Chocobo's Dungeon 2 (Turn-based dungeon crawler RPG, again not a terrible game for some reason)

I may add more when I get back home (so I can look at my collection).
<P ID="signature"></P>
Essee is offline   Reply With Quote